Monday, September 23, 2013

My 10 Things of Summer Goals

Fall officially started yesterday and I couldn't be happier about it.  I love Fall, I'm ready for it to cool off too.  Well, I didn't finish all 10 goals but I did ok.  Here's my results. I'm showing before and after pictures.

1.  Cherry Pie quilt by Fig Tree Quilts 

I'm very happy to say I finished this one, it turned out super cute. Especially after Mary quilted it for me. I still need to sew on the binding. 


2.  Sweetwater Canvas Tote Bag


I finished this one too. Turned out pretty cute.


3. Binding on Doc Quilt

I finished this one and enjoyed it on the table in my living room all summer.

4. Scissor Quilt

I finished this one too but made it with just 3 pair of scissors. Mary quilted this one for me too, turned out so cute. I still need to sew on the binding.

5. 30's Table Topper

I finished this one, it's on a table in my sewing room.


6.  Rose Cottage Quilt for my Sister Jeannie


I didn't finish it but I did make the half-square triangles. They still need to be squared up.

7. Gingham Quilt

I didn't finish this but I did get all the squares cut out and found this Route 66 fabric for the backing which is going to look awesome.

8. My Cute Little Spool Quilt

I finished the quilting on this one and it's hanging on the wall in my sewing room. The pattern was in the book Liberty Love.


9. Designer Mystery BOM for This Year

I got two of these blocks done. That's pretty good I think.

10. Designer Mystery Blocks from Last Year. Sadly I didn't even get a change to think about working on them.  Maybe someday soon.

Other stuff I got done not on my Summer List:


Juggle quilt with Happy Go Lucky Honeycomb

Made one Swoon block

Quilted my Halloween Lincoln quilt and hung it up yesterday

Made this cute little Apple Table runner with label crew pattern by Sweetwater.  I'm doing to hang it from shelf in the kitchen instead of using it as a table runner.


I know I haven't been around posting lately, life is pretty busy lately.  Thanks for stopping by.











16 comments:

Nancy E said...

Love the quilts you got done. You should be happy with all that you accomplished!

Sue said...

Love all of your quilts! I see you had Mary quilt cherries on your cherry quilt ! How Cute ! Also love the quilting on the scissors quilt :-D

Izzy said...

Wow you got a lot done! And all your projects are really nice. I am in love with those spools! :-)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Lovely work and so much of it. Wonderful quilts and projects.

Lorraine said...

great effort! I think there is about three summers worth of achievment there for me!

gilly said...

Wow, you have indeed been busy! Your makes are all gorgeous, well done :-)
Xx

JoAnne said...

My, you got lots of your goals done, and have many lovely objects to show for it. Great job!

Sherri said...

Yay! So many fun finishes!

Kindred Quilts said...

LOVE the scissors... and the Apple tablerunner/wall hanging... and the Mini Make Do... the Doc quilt... and the Cherry Pie... oh yeck! LOVE 'em all! You've accomplished plenty over the summer months!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You've gotten a lot done! Bravo! Love Doc and the Spools. And the gingham quilt is on my "must do" list. I need to collect some solids and I think I'm going to use my GO! cutter to do all the hard work. :)

Dirt Road Quilter said...

I am so impressed! You had such a productive summer of sewing so many lovely projects! That cherry quilt is darling and I love the addition of the buttons you stitched onto the scissors quilt. I hadn't seen the Rose Cottage pattern - it sure is pretty and those spools are calling my name too. Sigh.

Sinta Renee said...

Yeah! You did a great job on finishing such an extensive list of projects Carol! I missed a couple of these... your tote bag is really cute and I love your cherry quilt... the borders are especially cute, perfect finish! I love your Halloween Lincoln quilt too. That's a great idea! You had so much fun over the summer!
What's next?

Quilt Hollow said...

Less blogging made for great finishes. Lots of pretties...you've done good!

Pieceful said...

You are amazing!!! And inspiring!

Jeanna said...

I enjoyed reading about your goals and seeing pics of your wonderful projects.

Now that my DD's quilt has moved on to the long-arm quilter, I think I'll set some goals of my own.

Hope you are having a wonderful week!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Love them ALL!!