Friday, October 18, 2013

Scissor Quilt




Thought I would share a photo of my Scissor Quilt. I just finished sewing the binding. Decided to do a pieced binding that I already had of California Girl fabric. Good choice I think. The quilting was done by Mary. Love how it turned out, thanks Mary! The quilting design is sewing notions.

In case you don't already know, the pattern is by Lori Holt - Bee In My Bonnet.

Looks great in my sewing room. You can see my cute little spool quilt underneath.

I leave you with some quilty words of wisdom, a Lori quote from Lori's book that I just got in mail today: "Sew it like you mean it!".


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

10 comments:

Izzy said...

Love it! Perfect for a sewing room!

Nancy E said...

very nice! Looks great hanging above your spool quilt!

Carol said...

That is so darn cute Carol...perfect addition to your sewing room!

Kindred Quilts said...

Such a cute addition to your sewing room!

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I am jealous you received your book already. Hopefully, mine will arrive today!

Sue said...

What a Adorable & perfect addition to your sewing room ! SO CUTE!

Jeanna said...

I LOVE this quilt. I've seen it on Lori's blog and Instagram and would love to make one myself.

I've always admired the pictures I've seen of Mary's quilting. You both did a great job :)

Sinta Renee said...

Nice quote! I can't wait to go to my mailbox and see if the copy of Lori's book is there! Your scissor quilt looks great hanging there. I love that pattern that Mary uses!

Wendy said...

So adorable and a prefect addition to your already cute sewing room. It just got cuter :)

Michele said...

Very cute!